Sunday, June 20, 2010

coconut milk banana muffins

With the last of the coconut milk, I made some muffins.

I used my favorite muffin recipe (minus Earl Grey), and subbed coconut milk for regular milk.

Since the coconut milk was sweetened, I also left out the sugar for the muffins.

The recipe also called for a banana and lemon juice, but I left the lemon juice out.

For a nice twist, I also added a handful of 60% chocolate chips. (gotta have chocolate)

When these muffins came out of the oven there was a nice coconut fragrance. After it cooled though, you couldn't tell that there was coconut in there.

These muffins are quite moist due to the olive oil and banana that was used.

Also they aren't overly sweet...perfect for breakfasts or snacks.

We had rain and humidity over the past couple of days, hope yours was better.

11 comments:

Rowena said...

Good way to use up remaining ingredients, and I wish I could get coconut flavoring here, even if it isn't the best thing in the world to use. It's raining and 60°C here. A no go on hiking this weekend :(

K and S said...

Rowena, I wonder if the Asian market in Milan has coconut milk? If they do you can make haupia as well as other goodies :) Yipes, you guys have cold weather! Hope the rest of your weekend will be nice.

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Mmm...a good combination of ingredients and the coconut milk is a great touch. ;-)

K and S said...

Thanks Debinhawaii I wish the coconut flavor would've stayed after baking but I guess you can't have it all :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Argh! Weekend is shot. It's just past noon, still raining and 14°C degrees! I think we turning backwards to early spring again. I pointing the finger at the Iceland volcano...ehh...ejkyll...whatever. It disrupted our weather patterns. ^-^

jalna said...

Banana and chocolate is one of my favorite food combinations!

K and S said...

14C and rain, not fun Rowena. We had 20-somethingC, clouds and humidity, not fun either. Summer wherefore art thou?

Thanks Jalna :) I especially love those chocolate dipped bananas.

Take care you two.
Kat

J said...

Looks yum! I wonder...where to by coconut milk... is it expensive here?

K and S said...

Thanks Jessica, I found a pretty reasonably priced can (128 yen) at Yamaya (http://www.yamaya.jp/index.html), they have shops all over Japan, hopefully near you too :)

Take care.
Kat

Mary and Sean said...

I recently discovered adding coconut milk to baking cupcakes and they are divine and moist! Yours look great!

K and S said...

Thanks Mary :) I should try adding them to cupcakes!

Take care.
Kat