Tuesday, October 30, 2018

chicken ginger gyoza

Super easy minced chicken ginger gyoza that I made the other day.

200 grams minced chicken (thigh)
nub of ginger, peeled and minced
Chinese cabbage, 2 leaves finely chopped
2 teaspoons shoyu
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons honey
20 gyoza wrappers

After mixing everything together, I spooned a teaspoon of the mixture into each of the wrappers.
Cook to your liking.

NOTES: I froze half of the gyoza and we ate the other half in soup.
I actually had chicken mixture leftover, so I froze that too and will use it for the next time we make hot pot, or I'll make meatballs to put into soup.
Super easy and delicious...I'm making these again.

5 comments:

Rowena said...

perfect comfort food for the season!

Anonymous said...

perfect spoon!
v

K and S said...

am ready to make soups, Rowena :)

super easy V :)

Take care you two.
Kat

minyee said...

I’ve never thought about putting honey in dumplings. It sounds delicious! Is it a common thing?

K and S said...

it is just a little minyee, it isn't too common, but I think it softens the spiciness of the ginger.

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat