Monday, October 01, 2018

kaseiro

A neat thing about living in Tokyo is that we are rather close to Yokohama.

Yokohama has one of the largest Chinatown areas in Japan.

Since the Moon Festival was coming up, I picked up this almond cookie and mooncake (geppei) for us to try.

Bummer that the cookie was dry and kind of sand-like...definitely not like the type of almond cookies my mom used to make, which were more shortbread like.

The mooncake was filled with a chestnut filling.

I enjoyed this more.

We've been to Yokohama in the past (pre-blog) and hope to get back to reconnect soon.

Kaseiro
Takashimaya Tamagawa B1
Setagaya, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3709.3111

p.s. THAT was the scariest typhoon ever...I think it passed right in front of our building! The glass doors were shaking so hard from the wind and rain, I thought they were going to shatter.

Luckily, we didn't lose power, there are many other that did.

It's supposed to hit 30C-something today (86F-something) eep! Thanks to those who checked up on us.

5 comments:

jalna said...

So glad you're okay.

KirkK said...

I'm glad you both are doing well Kat. I haven't really heard much about the typhoon in the news around here.

Kalin's Mommy said...

OMG, so scary! Glad everything was okay for you!

Rowena said...

thank goodness you guys are safe - seems like 2018 is the year for natural (and non) disasters everywhere - frightening!

look forward to you getting out more often to Chinatown - luv both types of mooncakes (when I lived in Honolulu, a Mrs. Chung on the street I lived at taught me how to make them but I kinda forgot).

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna!

Guess it wasn't too disastrous for the US news Kirk...

so so scary, Mich!

totally scary disasters almost weekly all around the world, Rowena...

Take care everyone.
Kat