Tuesday, October 16, 2018

typhoon effects

So, it looks like for now, the typhoons (in Japan) have stopped.

The temps have dropped about 10 degrees...whoo.

The overcast skies are a bit dreary though.

One thing I've learned is that typhoons "spin" counter-clock wise (if I am not mistaken so do hurricanes)...

Anything to the east (right side) of the typhoon's eye, will get super high winds.

Which is why earlier in the month, we got all that krazy wind.

And why Osaka got all that krazy wind the month before.

One of the sad effects is that the typhoon brought salty wind and water from the ocean inland.

The weather dude said that most of the gingko trees and sakura (cherry) trees are half brown from all that salty wind and water.

Dunno if these trees will turn color for Autumn because they look dried out.

Crossing my fingers that they will change color and that the trees themselves will not die from all that salt.

Hopefully I'll have beautiful Fall foliage to show you in the coming weeks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when Iniki came, I was training for the marathon and I was really amazed to see this effect around Diamond Head and all the way to Hawaii Kai. All the trees facing the ocean were brown on the side that faced the ocean and the opposite sides were still green. Seems like the trees survived. Would be sad if both fall foliage and sakura seasons were affected. I love fall foliage!
v

K and S said...

wow V, you ran the marathon?! I love sakura season & Fall too, these seasons are getting shorter and shorter every year...

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hope you get some really nice fall colors Kat.

K and S said...

me too Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Crossing fingers!

K and S said...

Jalna, hope it won't be too bad.

Take care.
Kat