Sunday, October 14, 2018

nunotsunesarashina

It was our first time having cold soba with a thick dipping sauce in Tokyo.

We were shocked by this huge bowl of tsuyu (sauce) that I received. (In Osaka, usually tsuyu is served in a cup and isn't so thick)

It was like they poured it straight out of the bottle...so thick, so black.

Talk about culture shock.

Even though I was served grated daikon, I refused to put it straight into that thick, black tsuyu and ended up eating most of my soba without tsuyu.

Dunno if we'll be back, but I'm glad I experienced Kanto style soba.

Nunotsunesarashina
3-18-8 Minami-ooi
Shinagawa, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3761.7373
Closed Sundays
Hours: 11:30-15:00, 17:00-20:00

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I love soba but usually eat hot soba in Japan. Oh, except the cold from combini
V

K and S said...

super different V...

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

no kidding about that big bowl! I would be totally clueless....

Anonymous said...

The portions are so small, that set would be an appetizer to my meal for me :( N

K and S said...

it was so huge Rowena...

aw N...most of the food portions in Japan are like this though..

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

That is a lot of Tsuyu Kat......so dark.....

K and S said...

Kirk and super thick...

Take care!
Kat