Tuesday, April 11, 2023

20672

Saturday, the weather was forecast for rain, but it was really sunny, so we got out for a walk.

The yaezakura (double type of sakura) is blooming in the pocket park I can see them from our apartment.


Hello.
Not sure if I posted these wisteria before, but I noticed them on our walk

We found a cute cafe for lunch...Shitamachi Coffee
Original curry 800 yen (tax included)
Iced coffee 500 yen (tax included)
all sorts of gacha gacha figures!
Nearby is the Rokugo watergate...this scenery kind of reminded me of a picture for a jigsaw puzzle
The sakura was still around on this part of the Tama River, close to Haneda airport
At Haginaka Park, they also have a vehicle park with all sorts of vehicles...

Beautiful lilies blooming for Easter
And because this photo uploaded wonky...the inside of Shitamachi Coffee

The food was delicious and so was the coffee, we'll be back when we are nearby.

Luckily we made it home before the rain.

Shitamachi Coffee

2-20-2 Minami Rokugo

Ota, Tokyo

Phone: 03.6317.3512

Closed Thursdays

Hours: 10:00-21:00

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky, it rained pretty much all day here on Easter. I did get in a long walk on Saturday and even treated myself to a frost.
I had to look at all the gacha gacha figures, LOL.
I wonder what that concrete block is for, collision barrier? If so, I doubt if they would allow it here. Looks like it would cause more damage!
v

K and S said...

I saw your frost, V, it looked so ono! I think that barrier is to protect the school it was in front of.

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

I read that the weather is forecasting some rain this week, but I won't believe it til I see it; we got sun though!

jalna said...

That's a whole lot of steps you put in!

K and S said...

yeah the weather dude is kind of hit and miss these days here Rowena!

only a day Jalna, need to do more during the week :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

how apropos that April's full moon is named Pink Moon - in Japan there is pink everywhere!

K and S said...

ooh didn't know that Rowena, thanks for the heads up :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Love that little pooch on the balcony Kat!

K and S said...

Glad it didn't bark at us Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat