Monday, April 17, 2023

aquafaba

Have you ever used aquafaba?

I hadn't.

It is the liquid from cooking beans or canned beans and can be used like egg whites.

Blog friend & pen pal, LJ, wrote a book "Cooking With Scraps" and in it is her recipe for Aquafaba Brownies.

I've been interested in trying the recipe and finally did.

I cut the recipe in half to fit my 50 gram butter rule.

And I also baked this in muffin papers instead of a square pan, because the muffin tin fits nicely on my oven's turntable.

It was pretty easy to put together and you can't taste beans.

It is doesn’t rise too much, is rich and very fudgy

This is a good recipe to use especially with egg prices still being high here, plus I like saying "aquafaba"

If you've used aquafaba before please tell me how you use it.

7 comments:

KirkK said...

That's interesting; never used aquafaba before.

jalna said...

How interesting! Never heard of it before.

Helen said...

I made French Toast with aquafaba once. It was okay but it did have a slight beany taste.

Anonymous said...

never used it but when I was looking at the word, I thought it might mean bean water! 5 years of high school and college spanish did payoff after all, LOL
v

Lindsay-Jean said...

Thanks for sharing Kat, now more people know about aquafaba!

K and S said...

Kirk, the Missus might let you use the bean water from beans you cook, since you cannot use canned right?!

Something different Jalna,

Ooh that is good to know Helen.

lol,V

Thank you LJ for the easy recipe :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Rowena said...

vegan mayo! I usually dump the liquid into whatever I'm cooking anyway (all the flavor inside, no waste!).