Tuesday, April 18, 2023

shawarma-ish smash burger

Have been craving a burger for awhile now

And then I went down a scrolling rabbit hole on IG and stumbled upon lazy smashburger wraps

Which made me want to make one

But first I needed shawarma flatbread

So I tried a recipe that I found online

When I converted it to make 1 serving, the converter on the site didn’t cut back the amount of oil, I should’ve paid more attention to the measurements but didn’t realize it, so I ended up with too much oil in my dough..ick

So I threw it out though I probably should’ve added more flour instead of wasting all the ingredients, but at this point I was kinda getting hangry.

I started over and mixed all the ingredients for the shawarma flatbread, it was kind of dry and not too pliable and without letting it sit like the recipe directs, I cooked it in a frying pan 

Then made my smashburger similar to what I saw online

After it was cooked I added some hummus and veggies.

I should’ve smashed my burger thinner but overall it was good and tasty despite all the obstacles and not being able to "wrap" it.

Dunno if I'll make this again, but if I do, I’ll look for tortillas or buy naan from the curry shop nearby 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting! I have a couple of packs of tortilla in my freezer that maybe I can use.
BTW, I just made taco rice for lunch today. Maybe I could use the remaining taco mix in a wrap too but this Naan type bread sounds more ono.
v

K and S said...

V, naan is good, reminds of soft pizza crust

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Just the other day I was wishing that I had some naan bread to go with something that I was eating and wondered if I could make it myself.

K and S said...

Jalna, can, I hope you choose an easy recipe :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

It does look good though (or is it "dough") Kat! ;o)

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat