Monday, April 10, 2023

sonnenvollkorn

Bought this beautiful loaf from Himmel...1180 yen (tax included)

Google translates Sonnenvollkorn as "sun whole grain" but I think it means sunflower seeds.

This rye based bread is very dense.

Love that they asked me if I wanted it sliced because I know I wouldn't be able to get the slices this thin.

Kind of pricey but since most white bread loaves do not have many slices (max 8 slices), I thought this was a good purchase since this had 19 slices! plus it is rye not white.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's certainly an ono looking bread! Can you find pastrami and sauerkraut in the stores?
v

jalna said...

Totally worth it!

K and S said...

I've seen pastrami and sauerkraut V in the stores :)

Thanks Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

is it only this type of bread that comes not yet sliced? I've seen these at the supermarket, already sliced though.

K and S said...

Rowena, depends on the bakery, some slice their breads in advance, some ask you if you want it sliced, some make you slice it at home.

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Very nice!

K and S said...

it really is Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat