Wednesday, April 19, 2023

rice coupons

With the pandemic taking its toll on the economy, Tokyo prefecture recently sent us this in the mail to receive different food items to help households out.

Nine different choices, mostly rice plus something else.

I really wanted to try the rice + veggie choice but the veggies would be scheduled to arrive during the summer, and I am thinking about going to Hawaii then, so...we chose the all rice because it technically won't go bad.

So between April and June two 5 kilo bags of rice would arrive and then between July and September three 5 kilo bags of rice would arrive.

The thing is they don't tell you when it will arrive.

This past Thursday, our first portion arrived.

Luckily Satoshi was at home to take it off the delivery guy's hands.

All bags are labeled “not for resale”

This is probably use of tax payer's monies but we are still thankful for the gesture.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's amazing. Delivery guys are going to get so buff carrying all these boxes of rice around this summer, eh?

Anonymous said...

sounds like a score. During our lockdown here, I had signed my mom and my husband to receive fully prepared meals. You had to be over 65 and not receiving any other kind of prepared meal service, like meals on wheels.
Then, because the application asked about other family members (like me who is also over 65), we were getting breakfast and lunch delivered for the week. So much food. It was pretty good too. It was really helpful for my mom who had stopped driving
I had called the people bringing the food to try to make a cash donation but they said it was govt COVID funds and they couldn't accept anything.
The last couple of deliveries were groceries, like canned good, 5# rice, pasta, etc. I think even had some vegetables and fruits too.
v

Anonymous said...

Wow, I would have liked the rice & veggie combo too. It’s amazing that they can coordinate delivering fresh vegetables to households. Enjoy your week & happy eating to you! 🤗

K and S said...

I hope all of us are at home when they deliver Anon, otherwise they gotta lug it back to their trucks.

V, that is such a nice program!

Anon, enjoy your week too!

Take care everyone.
kat

jalna said...

Awesome. I feel for the delivery guys.

K and S said...

I feel bad when they gotta come back to redeliver, Jalna!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I think it's just great you guys can receive a little bit of help like this; thumbs up to the guv!

KirkK said...

That's great Kat! I've been reading about the rice shortage.

K and S said...

it really is Rowena :)

I had no idea there was a shortage Kirk.

Take care you two.
Kat