Friday, April 07, 2023

daizumen

Kikkoman came out with these daizumen (soy noodles), I think awhile back, but I just heard about them recently

There are different flavors...and since there is a commercial running, they have been kind of hard to find.

The one I found at the market was tantanmen style.

The sauce has soy meat as well as pork in it.

And the noodles have regular flour mixed in with the soy flour.

One package is one serving and it is just right for me, but a little too small for Satoshi.

I also served this with salad.

The noodles had a slight "smell", I think from the soy, that I didn’t care for 

I hope to find the bolognese version, yakisoba version and yuzu oroshi version to try. 

Have a nice weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ide from the "smell" how was the texture and taste?
sounds interesting, but I don't think I'd try.
v

jalna said...

Interesting!

K and S said...

Texture was a little too soft for my liking but taste was okay once you get past the smell, V

Jalna, different

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I never thought of putting soy flour into making noodles...interesting!

K and S said...

I guess it is a way to put in some plant protein into it, Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Not sure if I'd go for the "smell" Kat!

K and S said...

true Kirk :) If I'm able to find more of these, I'll try a couple more just to see.

Take care.
Kat