Friday, April 14, 2023

this and that

Haagen Dazs recently came out with this new series called Spoon Crush...there is a hard dark chocolate top

Berry sauce and macadamia nut ice cream…matches well with dark chocolate

Matcha ice cream with chocolate cookies…I thought it could’ve had more cookie in there 

Love that my favorite market had these on sale (247 yen tax included) because at regular price (359 yen tax included) it is kind of expensive, especially since they’ve cut the amount from 120 ml to 82 ml!

It's definitely starting to feel like ice cream weather here during the day...

The other day at a large intersection, the police and some volunteers were passing these packets out for traffic awareness.

I usually refuse, but this time I took one, and I'm glad I did, they had alcohol wipes, a packet of bath salts

AND this reflector thingy...not sure how to use it, but think you might be able to slide it onto your bag or clothes.

The government recently started asking people to wear helmets whenever they ride bicycles.

The word they use in Japanese is a super oxymoron, doryoku (make an effort) gimu (mandatory)

If you don't wear one you won't be fined...hopefully more families will wear them, I still often see the children wearing them but not the parent.

Made a batch of sweet sour spareribs, this one came out the best in my opinion, not lots of sauce leftover and loved the spareribs when they are kind of cartilage-y.
MOS came out with a plant based soy "fish" sandwich.

There is no fish at all in it, and it seems to be "fish" flavored, because it tasted like fish

They also give you a packet of vegan tartar sauce

It was okay, but it was too small and I was still hungry afterwards

Freesia bloomed! whoo

Way less blooms than last year but a little is better than nothing especially since we thought the plants would die during our building reno

Last year I stumbled on this house's wisteria (photo from last year), it is now an empty lot and the house & wisteria are gone...sad.

Reconnected with this recipe, still easy and delicious.

Wednesday the "dust cloud" from the Gobi desert came flying over, making everything outside all dusty, not to mention the wind was super blustery, almost typhoon like.

I brought the plants indoors because I was afraid they would be blown off the lanai.

Thursday morning, N Korea decided to launch one of the bazillion missles they seem to have and the alert for it went off.

My peeve with this "alert" is that if you aren't watching tv you don't know about it.

AND it is almost always after the fact, like it already landed somewhere. This one gave the people of Hokkaido 2 minutes to take cover...anyway, luckily no one was hurt/killed and the missile apparently landed in the ocean

These crows...the two on the fence are the lookouts, the 3 on the bottom are the grunts...

This was when I was going out for groceries.

When I passed by on my way home, garbage was scattered all over the place and nothing was under the blue net, what a mess they made...

Shared these 2 Krispy Kreme doughnuts with Satoshi, they were the chocolate old fashion and biscoff chocolate.

This is my 3rd time trying Krispy Kreme, meh dry

Hoping you all are doing well.

Have a safe weekend.

6 comments:

jalna said...

The missile alert reminded me of the time we had the "oops" one here.

Anonymous said...

how sad about that house with the wisteria.
When I saw your sweet sour spareribs the other day, I had to go to Gulicks to get some. Now I'm wanting it again.
I want to ty making that strawberry dessert, and even in the original post, the haupia choco dessert. love simple recipes!
v

K and S said...

at least everyone hear the "oops" Jalna, this one cannot be heard unless you are watching tv :(

V, gulicks :)

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

I saw the missile alert thing on the news in Taiwan Kat! So scary!

K and S said...

Kirk, very scary

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I'm pretty sure I saw the news about the N.Korean missiles but had no idea that the alert for them was so short! 2 minutes to take cover? aiyah!