Saturday, October 28, 2023

8826

Satoshi went to Jingu Stadium to watch a baseball match between Waseda & Keio, it's called Sokei-sen and has been going on for over 100 years

Since he was doing that, I went holoholo (gallavanting) around Nihonbashi.

I stopped in at Patisserie Ease, to try their baked items.

Chocolate covered cannele, chocolate financier, galette bretonne, plain financier and marron madeleine...1866 yen (tax included)

I am not too sure what canneles are supposed to be like. 

The ones I've tried in the past were firm in the middle and outsides are kind of "stick to your teeth".

This one was super soft in the middle and the outer shell was "stick to your teeth"...

I look forward to having the others with wine tonight and going back to try their cream puffs in the future.

Then I walked up the street to Le Chocolat Alain Ducasse.

The chocolate mediant bar that I wanted with dried figs, candied orange and almonds was sold out and they don't know when a new shipment will come in...boo!

So I purchased the 75% with caramelized almonds...2700 yen (tax included)

And the 75% fourree (filled) tablet filled with coconut and passion fruit...3200 yen (tax included)


These are pricey and would be nice as gifts.

Look forward to trying these in the coming weeks.
While walking, I saw an interesting thing...a restaurant & bar bus...

The weather was beautiful, warm in the sun, cool in the shade.

Patisserie Ease
9-1 Nihonbashi kabutocho
Chuo, Tokyo
Closed Wednesdays
Hours: 11:00-18:00

Le Chocolat Alain Ducasse
1-1-1 Nihonbashi honmachi
Chuo, Tokyo
Open daily: 11:00-19:00

4 comments:

jalna said...

Uuuuuu, cool weather soon. My fave.

K and S said...

Jalna, me too

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

I thought you were in some kind of chocolate museum and those chocolates under glass were "vintage"
Sounds yummy. I've learned from a couple of scotch aficionado here that chocolates go very well with scotch!
v

K and S said...

V, I think the chocolates that aren't too sweet would go well with scotch and other alcohol beverages :)

Take care.
Kat