Friday, October 20, 2023

this and that

Pre-ordered 4 kilos of blood oranges to be delivered in February from the same farm as last year..whoo

(photo from this year's order)

snackage: Kaldi's kakinotane and 3 types of nuts (cashews, walnuts & almonds) (curry flavor) love!
St Germain's burnt cheese, gobo (burdock roo) & renkon (lotus root) bread...doesn't cheese makes everything ono?!
Crocus! seen on a walk
Been waking up a little earlier to put Satoshi's bento together.

During the summer, it was so hot so instead of making the foods for his bento from the early morning and letting it cool before packing like everyone says you should, I would instead make it the night before and just take it out from the refrig, especially since he finally told me he has a microwave oven at work! Dude!

Nowadays I just pack his bento and have been making hot tea for him to bring in a thermos.

Have been able to catch the sunrises because of this...

Finally cool enough to making kiriboshi daikon which I received from friend Mayumi back in January

I would cut the liquid in half next time, so that I would not end up with so much "soup" leftover.

Wanted to get some sake made in Tokyo to give a friend, and remembered we tried Sawanoi sake when we went to Okutama.

Thought I might have to order some online, but Sawanoi had a list of shops that sell their products and luckily, a neighborhood liquor store, Marutoku Aoki was listed.

I called them and they had some, so I walked over to purchase these.

It was my first time shopping here and the grandpa running the shop was so nice.

I'll be back.

Ordered this Ippudo nabe (hot pot) broth from Daisho.

Love Ippudo's Karakamen and Daisho apparently recreated the broth.

Not exactly nabe weather just yet but wanted to get this to try for when it does get colder.

We’re getting our flu shots tomorrow.

Have a safe weekend.

Marutoku Aoki Store
5-10-8 Nishikamata
Ota, Tokyo
Closed Tuesday
Hours: 9:00-20:00

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that daikon and aburage!
dunno why I thought the sake was from Kobe
v

K and S said...

so easy to make, V!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

That bread sounds delicious Kat!

K and S said...

Kirk, it was :)

Take care.
Kat