Monday, October 09, 2023

the last one

Sunday, I went to Don Quijote (Donki) to buy a yakiimo (roasted sweet potato) since I always try to put a little into Satoshi's bento.

When I got to Don Quijote, there was one yakiimo left in the heated thingy.

BUT, there was a guy, who was also there before me and he had just opened the heated thingy.

I thought..."oh no, he's gonna buy the last one"

And then he stopped.

Gazing at the yakiimo for a bit.

Because I am in "get in get out" mode most times whenever shopping, I interrupted him in deep thought and said, "so you gonna buy it?"

He looked at me and said, "I'm debating"

Then he said, "were you gonna buy it?"

And I said, "if you aren't"

So he said, "doozo" (go ahead)

I thanked him, and that's how we got the last one...

7 comments:

Rowena said...

I'm wondering why he even debated getting it? maybe he felt your 'oh no the last one' vibes, or maybe you were the answer to solve his dilemma! all in all, right place, right time.

jalna said...

And it's a nice one. I liked this story.

Anonymous said...

what a nice guy. what a score!
v

Anonymous said...

I would have been saying to myself " Don't buy it, don't buy it!". Hahaha
Bonny ogg

K and S said...

Rowena, I agree!

Jalna, thanks :)

V, he was :)

Bonny :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

KirkK said...

Score!

K and S said...

Kirk, thankful he gave it to us.

Take care.
Kat