Friday, October 13, 2023

this and that

Massaman curry at Coco Ichibanya...ordered it with less rice and half cheese.

I enjoyed this, not too spicy, a little tangy, the meat was super tender...would get this again!
one of the neighborhood cats, sunbathing.
 

Went to get my hair colored.

The thing about the shop I go to is that they don't take appointments, it is first come first serve.

So I go early, like almost an hour before they open, so I can be one of the top 5 in line, otherwise I’d need to wait 40 minutes or more before my turn to get my hair done.

I like this shop because their prices are super reasonable and they don't charge more if you have long hair (like most other shops do), plus no need tip.

Lunch was roast chicken with grated carrots with raisins, the chicken was tender and moist with a little cumin flavor from Dean & Deluca.

Since most sandwiches here use white, I like that they used brown bread.

1st time trying this and I would get it again.

I also tried their pumpkin chocolate chip cake...the glaze was too sweet but the cake was super moist had a lot of spice, fruits and nuts.

Hoping to get an appointment for our influenza shots in the coming weeks...

eep, it's Friday the 13th...have a safe weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

uuuu, you brazen woman! red hair! I hope you still have it in November. Would love to see it!
I tried to find the egg salad sandwich at both locations of Dean & Delucca here and only the second one told me it was discontinues :( 1st one just said they're out, not discontinued. double :( Maybe I should try the chicken instead.
v

K and S said...

V, wait?! what? I said "colored" not "color red" :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

For some reason Coco Ichibanya in Japan is so much better than here in San Diego Kat!

Anonymous said...

I thought no need tip in Japan. Do some salons expect tips? How does the customer know what is expected? My teen was thinking of getting her hair done during a trip to Osaka.

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha, I thought you were getting back at Satoshi for being untraditional.
Nah my eyesight has really been going downhill. Gotta make another eye appt to check my glasses.
v

jalna said...

I like to be first in line.

K and S said...

Anon, no need to tip in Japan, hope your teen will get the hair style that she wants :)

Kirk, you gotta try when you come to Japan :)

lol V!

me too, Jalna :)

Take care everyone.
Kat