Friday, October 06, 2023

this and that

The clouds. 

A friend once told me that whenever you see the clouds like this the season is changing...

Tokyo People : this guy's shirt, "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face"
Domaine Raison is a winery in Naka-Furano, Hokkaido.

We've not come across wine made in Japan that we've liked until now.

This Ballon Kerner was a fruity yet dry wine, delicious.

"Do not bump garbage here"...why are you guys still ordering/paying for these types of signs...
This is called a sweet imo (potato) pie, not a sweet potato pie.

I ordered this at Burger King and said "sweet potato" and the cashier did not know what I meant...

The filling was a little too sweet but I'm glad I got to try this.

Pops of color on a cloudy day
Yose dofu with a dollop of taberu ra-yu.
 
Latest artwork in front of the preschool

Starbuck's marron (chestnut) pound cake, moist with lots of chestnut cream on the top.

Made my own iced matcha latte.

The price of the kijiyaki bento is now 900 yen (tax included), I've never noted the price on the blog, but I remember when it was 700 yen (tax included)
Taiyaki filled with chestnut paste, the price went up on this too, I think it used to 280 yen (tax included) now it is 300 yen (tax included)

Another business in the neighborhood closed after 42 years...sad

More cosmos along the train tracks
Pine ame (pineapple candy), these are made in Osaka and the head coach of the Hanshin Tigers loves them.

They are hard to find in Kanto (East Japan), and even harder after Hanshin won, so I bought this when I saw it at the market
Love this chicken basil tomato sandwich from Hutte.

I like to toast this before eating.

It is the time of year that it is cool in the mornings and evenings, but still a little blazing during the daytime, making it hard to figure out what to wear.

It's the start of a 3 day weekend here.

Have a safe weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was really young my neighbor used to have gold cosmos growing in her yard. I would like to "pop" the bud, I guess since they were round and shiny. I would squeeze the litte buds. I'm thinking I never see cosmos growing around anymore. Did I kill them all?
all those yummy looking chestnut breads and pastries-hope they're still around in November!
v

Rowena said...

I will have to pay more attention to the clouds after reading this - interesting.

jalna said...

That tofu!

K and S said...

hope there will be chestnuts for you too V!

Thanks Rowena!

Jalna, it was so ono especially on those muggy days!

Take care everyone.
kat

KirkK said...

I was just talking to our neighbor about all the long time businesses closing. So sad!

K and S said...

Kirk, it really is sad

Take care.
Kat