Wednesday, August 14, 2024

$3

Whenever you use your HOLO card, for $3 you get 2.5 hours to transfer as many times or even come back home on The Bus or The Rail

After the 2.5 hours, you will need to pay another $3, the max they will charge your HOLO in a day is $7

It was fun trying to get to where I wanted to go and back within the 2.5 hours...

One excursion was from Pearl City to Punchbowl Cemetery

Got kinda lost trying to find the connecting bus from downtown up to the cemetery, so I ended up walking

And coming down from the cemetery also, I wasn't too sure as to the direction I was supposed to be going

On this day, I bought lunch from Royal Kitchen then went to BFF's office because we went to have dinner with my Aunties and W

Another excursion was from Pearl City to Kahala Mall

I went to Whole Foods

Then ate at W & M

Then caught the bus to town to meet up at BFF's office again because we went to have dinner with friend S

Yet another excursion was from Pearl City to Palama Settlement

Checked out part of the Street Art wall

It was kinda sketchy around there so I didn't stay long

Jumped back on the bus and went to Mo’ili’ili 

From the freeway, I had seen a lot of “so teeny” trucks at a house and wanted to check it out up close

Luckily it was where I thought I had seen them

From there I went back toward Pearl City and got off at Pearlridge to do some shopping

There was a glitch with the Holo Card reader, so they didn't charge me another $3 to ride home

Whenever I rode the bus, I would set my phone timer for 2 hours and 25 minutes, so that it would remind me that I had about 5 minutes to get to the bus stop.

The Bus is more punctual these days, sometimes even coming early

I still wish they would coordinate better with the rail though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, sort of like a suica card but better because can jump on and off but junk cuz time limit to use same fare.
v

Anonymous said...

Kat, you make taking the bus and rail like a fun adventure. My recall of riding the bus growing up wasn't that pleasant. Hot, bumpy rides and could hardly reach the cord to pull for stops lol. I may want to try it when I get back there at least the rail, anyway.
Bonny OGG

KirkK said...

Man, you have to really plan to get the most out of the card it seems Kat!

K and S said...

lol V! Take care, Kat

K and S said...

aw thanks Bonny, hope you enjoy the rail when you try it, take care Kat

K and S said...

You just have to plan the connections Kirk :) Take care, Kat