Tuesday, August 27, 2024

this and that

tried a new (to me) mini curry croquette burger from Maisen

I am always on the look out for things with curry flavor in them, I would get this one again.

the filet (pork tenderloin) katsu, I've tried in the past

I picked this up at the market when I couldn't decide what I wanted for lunch 

and a new (to me) mini fish burger from Maisen

I like that they had a fish version, I would get this one again

the filet tamago pocket sandwich, I've tried in the past, except that time it was a menchi katsu (fried hamburger) not filet katsu inside

I picked this up at Shinagawa Station when I couldn't decide what I wanted for dinner

Satoshi got this "instant" curry from work that was gonna expire soon.

It is supposed to be eaten when you have no access to electricity/gas
Use the box to hold the packet upright.

Put the heating packet at the bottom of the plastic bag

Then put the curry and rice packets into the plastic bag and pour the heating liquid into the bag

Wait 20 minutes, you can see it bubble and steam comes out

Then wait another 10 for everything to steam

Pour the curry over the rice

It takes awhile to make and not very "instant" but at least you would be able to enjoy a "hot meal" especially during a natural disaster
Satoshi's friend F, sent him some satsumaage for his birthday.

Actually F, thought Satoshi's birthday was in August.


We tried a little of each for pupu one evening.

I froze the bulk of this

Thank you F!
The rice shelf at the market has been bare...

It is a combination of typhoon, megaquake, bad weather and inbound tourists

The news says that the "shinmai" (new rice) should be hitting markets in September...I hope they are right

Tokyo People: Oto-tetsu (oh-toe-tay-sue) are people who enjoy collecting different sounds (oto) from trains (tetsu)


got my first pair of Oofos. 

Apparently they are good for recovery.

I am wearing this in the house and I like that they are super cushiony
We've been having guerrilla-go (sudden rainstorms) almost daily.

This caught Satoshi at the train station one night coming home, he ended up eating out as a result of waiting out the rain.

The weather has been kinda rainy season-ish...not good for farmers and crops...

Global warming is real.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for this super interesting post. Hey, you guys shudda kept that curry for the typhoon that's coming tomorrow! but, stay safe and hope it's not bad.
v

jalna said...

I only wear Oofos. In and out of the house. My podiatrist recommended.

KirkK said...

Wow, that empty shelf gives me flashbacks Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks V, hopefully that typhoon will pass by soon, Take care.Kat

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna for all the info you gave me! Take care. Kat

K and S said...

Hopefully we'll be able to buy some rice soon Kirk, Take care Kat