Wednesday, August 21, 2024

frito pie

Have you ever had frito pie?

I don't recall ever trying this.

It's not that Fritos were my favorite when I lived in Hawaii, but when you don't have access to things they somehow turn into things you crave especially since Japan doesn’t have Fritos

Nowadays most trips to Hawaii I buy a package of the Honey BBQ Fritos.

This trip to Hawaii, I also bought the Original so I could try making frito pie

Some recipes tell you to bake the whole thing, others put it together before eating.

I don't really care for soggy chips, so I put it together before eating.

Made a small batch of chili

Then topped the fritos with the chili, cheese, some avocado and diced red onion

So ono! kinda like nachos

Glad I tried this.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

never tried it either but sounds good. But, also don't care for Fritos much so if substituting regular corn tortilla chips, it's just nachos, LOL. But also, would just buy chili from Zippys, LOLOL
v

KirkK said...

I actually went and had frito pie in Santa Fe where they claimed to have it; but it's now thought to have been created in Texas, so who knows?

jalna said...

Yummmmm.

K and S said...

V, lol...take care, Kat

K and S said...

Kirk, I've heard it was created in Texas also, by the Fritos' wife?! who knows :) Take care. Kat

K and S said...

It really was, Jalna, Take care. Kat