Monday, August 26, 2024

8604

Last Saturday after an errand we went to Kanda to have lunch at Topca

This shop serves all sorts of Indian and European styles curries. 

I chose their Keema...mouth.on.fire.

Wished that onion on top was pickled and not raw

Even if my mouth was on fire, I enjoyed this
 

Satoshi went with the Katsu and European curry

He enjoyed this.

We'll be back to try other items on their menu.

After lunch, we went around the block to wait for a table at Takemura, which has been in business since 1930!

Thank goodness for the shade from the building, the wait was over an hour!
I ordered their ice shiruko, this was perfect for the heat and humidity
Satoshi ordered the cream cold shiruko, his was more "soupy" and also came with some salty Japanese pepper 
I want to try their fried manju next, we'll be back.

Topca
1-11 Kanda Sudacho
Chiyoda, Tokyo
Open weekdays: 11:00-15:30 (lunch), 17:30-22:30 (dinner)
Weekends & Holidays: 11:30-18:00

Takemura
1-19 Kanda Sudacho
Chiyoda, Tokyo
Closed: Sundays, Mondays & Holidays
Hours: 11:00-20:00
*cash only

6 comments:

jalna said...

I cannot wait over an hour for food. Especially in the heat. Looks like I would miss out.

K and S said...

it was a good thing we had already eaten lunch Jalna :) Take care, Kat

Anonymous said...

ice shiruko??? since I love regular shiruko, I bet I'd love this even more, especially with ice cream.
LOL, I was just talking with someone about how K would refuse to stand in line, like ramen alley, where there were 5 shops in a row and 2 had lines and the other 3 didn't so we would go to one of the 3. Then of course, he'd say junk.
v

KirkK said...

Man, you had to wait in the heat in line for over an hour? Not sure I could do that Kat! The curries look good!

K and S said...

I think you would like this V, Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

hard to wait in cold weather and very hot weather, Kirk, but glad we got to try these places, Take care. Kat