Wednesday, August 07, 2024

goma tei

Met up with friend Greg

We had planned to check out the Makai Market food court in Ala Moana, but it had been many moons since I’d been here and wasn’t sure where to check out so we went to Goma Tei instead since that is where Greg usually goes.

I am a Goma Ichi fan but have gone to Goma Tei with Jalna & Mich in the past

It was too blazing for ramen, so I tried their cold chicken udon.

This was delicious BUT I wished they would cut the cucumber into bite sized pieces instead of thin long sticks.

It was nice catching up with Greg

Thanks for today Greg

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I mention that the Gomaichi guy, or at least his recipe, is now at Tonkatsu Tamafuji downtown in the Pioneer Plaza food court. Not a restaurant, just take out so gotta grab one of the tables or visit someone who has an office downtown (like me!)
v

K and S said...

ooh good to know V! thanks! Take care Kat

jalna said...

Goma Tei entered my mind as a place for us to go to. I forgot we already went. LOL.

Saburo said...

More OT: They're actually Tonkatsu Sanji. They used to be Menchanko-Tei on Keeaumoku and were initially set to move to a spot at Ward Center but that didn't work out, becoming a lunch/takeout-only place.

Boy, do miss the old Menchanko days...

Hope to make it back to Tokyo soon!

KirkK said...

Looks good for a hot/humid day!

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna :) Take care. Kat

K and S said...

If you get a chance to visit Fukuoka, Saburo, I hear they have several restaurants there. Take care, Kat

K and S said...

It really was Kirk, Take care, Kat