Thursday, March 06, 2014

blueberry soda

IMG_5469 The weather here is far from being summery, but blueberries are in the markets, so it was my chance to try this recipe I saw in "USA Today" when I was in Hawaii last year.

Blueberry syrup : makes about 2 cups from "USA Today: Weekend" Anton Nocito, October 2013
1.5 cups blueberries
1 cup sugar
9 tablespoons lemon juice

you can find a detailed recipe, here.

NOTES: I cut this recipe to 1/4 because I didn't know how it would taste, and because well, we shouldn't be drinking THAT much soda...

IMG_5500 The recipe says to strain it, but I left the blueberries in...why waste?!

Also, the recipe says to add 3 tablespoons to a tall glass with ice. But I didn't know how tall the glass had to be, so I just added a teaspoon to my "short" glass and topped it with soda water.

IMG_5501 I'm sure you could add more syrup to taste.

This was super refreshing. And it reminded me of the berry soda I had at Corridor.

Too bad our weather hit a cold snap and we are still below 50F...I'd definitely make this one again though.

3 comments:

Rowena... said...

Sending some sun your way. I'm crossing fingers here....maybe Milan this weekend? We always keep cancelling.

K said...

Looks very refreshing!

K and S said...

ooh I hope you guys get to Milan this weekend, Rowena :)

it was nice K!

Take care you two.
Kat