Sunday, March 09, 2014

room cafe roca

IMG_5488 One of my friends on Tabera (Japan's Instagram for food) uploaded a sign that Room Cafe Roca was closing at the end of the month.

I went to try them this past Tuesday.

A small cafe, they have seats at their counter as well as a few tables and a sofa.

Their lunch starts at 11:30 and I was amazed at how many were there waiting for them to open.

They have a daily lunch, which I ordered...800 yen, this comes with miso soup and brown rice.

Click on the photo to see what I had that day.

You can also order some items a la carte, but from what I saw, most customers were ordering their daily lunch.

IMG_5489 It did take some time for the food to come out but their food was delicious and relatively on the the healthy side.

It's a shame they are closing at the end of the month, but I'm glad I got to try them.

Room Cafe Roca
1-29-16 Shinmachi, #5 Nakamura Kousan B1
Nishi-ku, Osaka
Phone: 06.6532.1524
Closed Sundays & Holidays
Hours: 11:30-16:30 Mondays to Thursdays, 11:30-21:00 Fridays & Saturdays

3 comments:

Rowena... said...

Everything looks delicious (and I like the pottery that they use to serve it on). The glass tumbler looks like something from Hawaii?!

K said...

Looks delicious - I'm glad you had a chance to go before they close!

K and S said...

I wouldn't doubt that their tableware is vintage US, Rowena :)

me too K :)

Take care you two.
Kat