Thursday, March 13, 2014

tuesday

IMG_5558 Tuesday, I had my 3-month check-up and cleaning for my teeth. (no cavities!)

The weather was really nice but the winds were strong and icy.

After getting my teeth cleaned, it was lunchtime, so I walked across the bridge and had lunch at Label Cafe.

This cafe looks out onto the Dojima river...First floor for non-smoking, basement for smoking...

I ordered their daily lunch plate...900 yen.

This came with an assortment of foods and the main dish was maguro tatsuta-age, it is tuna that is fried but the coating is potato starch instead of flour.

The miso soup was made with Torii Miso, a local maker that have apparently been in business since the Edo period (between 1603-1867).

All veggies were local too.

Click on the photo to see what I had.

It was nice to have little tastes of different foods.

IMG_5560 After a really filling lunch, I walked to Osaka castle to check out their ume (apricot) grove.

This shot would be perfect with blooming cherry blossoms...(those are cherry trees overhead).

IMG_5564 Many people were out and about.

And a lot of the trees were in full bloom.

IMG_5569 One grandpa with a huge lens camera was dissing my taking photos with my phone...to each his own!

IMG_5570 I caught these two grandpas enjoying their harmonicas...

All in all it was a great day, I'll definitely be back to Label Cafe for lunch.

Label Cafe
1-1-11 Nishi-tenma
Kita, Osaka
Phone: 06.6366.1185
Hours: 11:30-23:00
Closed Sundays

7 comments:

Tamakikat said...

Sounds like a great day Kat.

jalna said...

You so lucky, you can just go out for a walk to view the blossoms at Osaka Castle just like *snap* that.

Rowena... said...

A grandpa dissed you?! The nerve! Some people can't just mind their own business.

Kalin's Mommy said...

Beautiful pics!

K said...

Looks like a great lunch!

KirkK said...

Lovely photos Kat!

K and S said...

It was a nice day TK!

Thanks Jalna :) but you lucky where you live too ;)

I laser beamed him Rowena ;)

Thanks Mich :)

it was K :)

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care everyone!
Kat