Friday, May 30, 2014

doi tung

Doi Tung is a teeny shop hidden in a neighborhood near Osaka Castle.

I love how there are many roasters and coffee shops tucked away in residential areas in Japan.

I picked up their Doi Tung Blend to try. Apparently it is a 4 bean blend, bummer that the guy working there couldn't tell me anymore about it, like what 4 types of beans...

100 grams for 500 yen (tax included).

This coffee seems to be a dark roast and has quite a bit of acid.

I tried it both ways and it seems to be better as an iced coffee (cold brewed).

Dunno if I'd go back, but I'm glad I got to try them.

Doi Tung
1-13-17 Uemachi
Chuo, Osaka
Phone:06.6765.4488
Hours: 10:00-19:00
Closed Sundays

2 comments:

Rowena said...

So I popped that address into google maps and....why am I so surprised that there was the sign that says Open? I have never seen english Open/Close signs in Italy (maybe the exception would be in the touristic places but not where I usually go). Is there a japanese word for Open and Close?

K and S said...

there are many words for open and close Rowena, a few are "akeru" "kaiten" for open and "shimeru" "heiten" for close...pet peeve of mine whenever I see them use "close" to mean "closed"...

Take care!
Kat