Friday, May 16, 2014

last saturday

Last Saturday, our building had a fire alarm test.

In all the time we've been living in this building, I've never heard the fire alarm. So it was a good chance to find out what our fire alarm sounds like.

The junk part of this test was that we all had to be home between 9:00 and noon.

They were gonna go to each apartment to test the fire sensors to see if they trigger the alarm.

So while I waited for the the test, Satoshi went to his German class.

The fire alarm tester guy came a little after 9:00 and was done by 9:30. Painless and now I know what the fire alarm sounds like.

Since I was done early, I went to meet Satoshi for lunch after his German class.

While I waited for him, I stopped into All Day Coffee for something sweet and their iced coffee.

I like how they add orange peel to their doughnut batter.

Lunch was at Aux Baccanales.

This place has a nice Paris cafe feel.

I ordered the daily quiche which was bacon & onion...1500 yen. This came with carrot salad and a slice of terrine de campagne.

The quiche was HUGE, but I enjoyed this. The carrot salad was seasoned with a citrus dressing, kind of puckery.

The terrine was delicious too especially with some dijon mustard.

Satoshi chose the brandade...1500

Fish mixed with potato and baked. He wasn't too impressed with this, I told him he should spread it on the baguette.

He was still disappointed with this.

Lunch ended with an espresso for me and a regular coffee for Satoshi.

Even though Satoshi was bummed with his order, he wants to try other items on their menu...we'll be back.

Aux Baccanales
Grand Front Osaka South 1F
Phone: 06.6359.2722
Hours: 9:00-23:00

4 comments:

Rowena said...

Wow, fire alarms. None in our home and I am just guessing that it's the norm (for home residences) since the buildings are all cement. Heck, there isn't even a fire hydrant in our village!

The quiche looks super fluffy too.

K and S said...

our building is cement Rowena, though maybe there are different rules for houses.

Take care.
Kat

K said...

I'm glad that you were able to get out from the testing earlier than it could've been!

K and S said...

me too K!

Take care.
Kat