Saturday, May 10, 2014

things I'm liking (disliking)

IMG_6212 Random things I'm liking and disliking...starting with disliking...

This dry as sand doughnut from Tully's...I can't believe they charge money for this. Moreover, I can't believe I paid money for it.

IMG_6622 Disliking this Doritos. It was bacon and mustard flavored.

Whole seed mustard totally overpowered this...mouth.on.fire.

IMG_6139 Ghana paired with Kappa ebi sen...shrimp chips covered with dark chocolate.

Different.

IMG_6320 Liking the pear ginger corn muffin and cinnamon apple biscuit at City Bakery.

They use candied ginger in the muffin, there is also quite a nice amount of pears in this too.

The cinnamon apple biscuit has a lot of apples in it too...delicious!

IMG_6628 Pierre Hermé paired up with Ohayo Yogurt for this...a yogurt with lots of mandarin orange bits in it.

I would prefer a little thicker yogurt but this was still delicious.

IMG_6643 With all the mint on my lanai, I decided to try making my own mojitos.

Delicious! Now, if I could only find some local limes with lots of juice...these limes from Mexico were a bit dry..

IMG_6648 Tully's chili cheese melt...spicy chili. Sausage with a nice snap. Baguette bun & lots of real fake cheese.

IMG_6651 The soufflé pancake at Hoshino Coffee.

You have to wait about 15-20 minutes for this, but it is worth the wait. Super airy!

IMG_6653 Rum, coke & lime...refreshing!

IMG_6657 Have been hooked on french toast lately.

It is a great way to use up old bread. I like to top our french toast with lots of fresh fruits too.

Oh and while it is cooking, I pour the leftover "batter" over everything and let it all cook. You have to separate them when the cooking is done but you don't waste anything.

IMG_6685 The Paris Brest from Beard Papa filled with matcha (green tea) custard...this one is around for a limited time.

The powdered matcha on top is a little bitter, but the custard is very rich and creamy.

What are you enjoying these days?

6 comments:

Dennis K. said...

Too bad about the donut but the pancake looks wonderful!

K and S said...

nice to hear from you Dennis :)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena... said...

I can tell you that I am not enjoying as much stuff as you are/did! Let's see...Magnum mini bars in Bailey's flavor were pretty good, but my favorite are still the ones in the Kiss collection.

K and S said...

ooh bailey's flavor sounds good, Rowena!

Take care.
Kat

K said...

I love Beard Papa - that looks delicious!

K and S said...

they keep coming out with new stuff, K!

Take care.
Kat