Saturday, May 17, 2014

grove cafe

Tuesday, I had lunch at Grove Cafe.

It was a beautiful sunny day, I got to the cafe just before their opening time and there was already a line!

We were all soon seated. I chose a seat at their bar counter overlooking the park that is next door.

With lunch, you get all-you-can-eat salad and bread.

Some people took one of each kind of bread and lots of salad, but this is what I chose...lettuce with edamame, corn, olives, roasted pumpkin, "ham" made from chicken and quail eggs seasoned with anchovies.

The dressing I chose was a lemon onion dressing...really delicious!

I also had a slice of their garlic bread.

The park has many sakura (cherry) trees and is very popular during cherry blossom season (you have to make reservations during this time)

For my main dish I chose their eggplant meat sauce pasta. This was delicious too, lots of ground beef and diced up eggplant.

It doesn't look like a lot but was very filling.

Also with lunch came a drink which I had a glass of grapefruit juice....1180 yen (tax included).

There are other choices for lunch such as their daily fish or daily meat plates at different prices too.

The cafe's atmosphere is so relaxing and they had jazz playing in the background.

It is open-air, so I didn't get too peeved by all the smokers.

I really enjoyed this place, I showed my pics to Satoshi and he wants to eat here, so we'll definitely be back.

Grove Cafe
1-1-41 Kozu
Chuo, Osaka
Phone: 06.6765.7000
Lunch: 11:30-15:00
Cafe time: 15:00-17:00
Dinner: 17:00-23:00
Check their website or call for days that they are closed or have private events.

4 comments:

K and S said...

it was nice Kirk :)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

Great eats, open air, and jazz - couldn't be a more perfect place, imho!

K said...

Ooh, looks great!

K and S said...

it was great, Rowena :)

it was, K :)

Take care you two.
Kat