Tuesday, May 27, 2014

gapao

The other day, I made a batch of Ayun's Salad. Yup, watermelon is in the markets here...whoo!

Since I had some basil leftover, I bought some minced chicken and made some gapao, which I think is called "chicken and holy basil"...I like saying "gapao" though...

Here is what I did:

250 grams minced chicken
2 small bell peppers, sliced thin
handful of basil, julienned
1 clove garlic, grated
1 nub of ginger, grated
1/4 teaspoon tobanjan (chili paste)
1 teaspoon sugar
1.5 teaspoon nampla (fish sauce)
1.5 teaspoon oyster sauce
olive oil

Heat a pan with a little oil, the garlic, ginger & tobanjan
Add the meat and break it up with a wooden spoon
Add the bell peppers
When the meat starts to change color, add the rest of the condiments and cook well
Add the basil at the end
Serve over hot rice and a sunny side up egg

NOTES: this was good, I think I can up the chili paste up a little bit, but the flavors were nice.

I'm making this again.

5 comments:

Dennis K. said...

I'm making this this week! Sans rice anyway. Perfect for my low-carb diet.

Rowena said...

Cute name Holy Basil!

Anonymous said...

That egg!!!

K said...

Yum, looks good!

K and S said...

I hope you like this Dennis!

I read that somewhere Rowena...

Thanks Su-Lin!

it was K :)

Take care everyone!
Kat