Thursday, May 08, 2014

the last day of golden week

The last day of Golden Week, we went with Satoshi's friend to check out a minor league baseball game.

"Someone" even got a chance to field balls at batting practice...

Since Satoshi's friend had also brought his son, we went to check out the huge slides...(dunno what happened to the right side of my photo...)

These slides were super long and super fast too.

I saw one girl actually flip off it. Glad she wasn't seriously injured.

When I got home, I noticed this...

You know as fair as I am, you would think I would learn my lesson. I think there is a part of me that still thinks being from Hawaii means I can "tan"...

I guess summer is here.

9 comments:

Chad said...

My wife and I were outside washing the car the other day, and she got sunburned by just being in the sun for 30 minutes! Haha. I hope that your sunburn goes away quickly without issues.

K and S said...

Thanks Chad, I've been putting on a cream that has aloe in it...

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

Oh your poor feet! I get slippah tan lines during summer but for the most part, I'm usually covered up enough (hat, glasses, long sleeves) when going outdoors. The rays at this altitude can get pretty harsh.

KirkK said...

You know....I burn red too Kat!

K and S said...

yeah, I should've covered up more Rowena, didn't think we would be out in the sun that long...

I wish I had more Okinawan genes, Kirk :)

Take care you two!
Kat

K said...

Haha summer shoes always bring out the weirdest tan lines!

K and S said...

I know K :p

Take care.
Kat

Lindsay-Jean said...

Those slides look really fun, but scary that it's so easy to slip off. I hope your feet have healed by now! (I'm clearly super behind on my blog reading!)

K and S said...

lol LJ, feet are much better, though weirdly lined now :p

Take care!
Kat