Sunday, June 23, 2019

asukayama park

Back in April, we checked out Asukayama Park.

I noticed on someone's Instagram that the same park had ajisai (hydrangea).

I had planned on checking it out on Thursday, but rain was in the forecast, which turned out to be wrong (it was sunny)...boo!

So instead, I went on Friday.

And while the weather was overcast, it was so so humid and gross.

When you arrive at the JR Oji Station, take the South exit and walk over the pedestrian bridge to the park.

The hydrangea run alongside the train tracks, at the base of the park.

So many different types.

So pretty yeah?!

For lunch I went to Meijido and had their kimagure plate.

Kimagure is translated as "whimsy" or "moody" but I like the "capricious" definition.

Today's Kimagure Plate had (top) fried chicken sandwich, sweet-salty bread topped with sweet bean paste and whipped cream, (bottom) basil tuna broccoli bechamel sauce tartine (toast) & egg ham sandwich roll.

Everything was so good and I enjoyed the tartine, chicken sandwich and sweet salty bread the most in that order.

The last time I visited Meijido, there was a grandma sitting across of me, and I am pretty sure she was sitting across from me on this day too.

She ordered "her usual" and the waitstaff knew exactly what to bring out for her...so cool!

Despite the humidity, I'm glad I was able to check out the hydrangea here.

I have a few more pictures as well as some videos here...I shot some using the "time-lapse" mode and I hope you will not get dizzy viewing it...

4 comments:

KirkK said...

Lovely photos and the food looks good; a nice variety!

K and S said...

I really like this bakery, Kirk!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I have never seen so much hydrangea in one area - very nice!

K and S said...

Rowena, it was so pretty! even though it was right next to the train tracks (which was noisy).

Take care.
Kat