Friday, June 07, 2019

kabayaki corn

Last week, I made nasu kabayaki, and even though I made half the recipe, it still left me with some kabayaki sauce.

Since I was grilling some veggies on my grill pan, I tried grilling some corn drizzling it with some of kabayaki sauce.

Nope.

The sauce didn't stick to the corn and burned before the corn was actually grilled.

So the next day, I mixed some sauce with butter and put it into the microwave oven for a couple of seconds.

Then after steaming the corn, I put the corn into the fish grill/broiler.

On high, I turned the corn after 1 minute.

Then, I used my "pastry brush" (which is actually a paint brush that I use as a pastry brush) and brushed on some of the butter/sauce mixture.

Closed the drawer and waited 30 seconds.

I did this about 4 times.

Voila!

Grilled corn.

This version was delicious!

I hope to make this again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious. remember buying corn from vendors but especially loved the ones at Otaru Park in Sapporo during Lilac Festival. Tried them both plain and with kabayaki. The corn was so sweet by itself, seemed kind of redundant to put kabayaki.
v

K and S said...

V, I agree most of the corn in Japan is super sweet!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Nice!

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat! Have you ever tried to use a stovetop smoker? It does wonders with corn.

K and S said...

Kirk, I am still debating on getting one...must be fun to smoke all sorts of foods :)

Take care.
Kat