Sunday, June 16, 2019

odaiba

The last time I went to Odaiba was pre-blog.

I had seen hydrangea photos on someone's Instagram and went to check it out on Friday.

Even though it was overcast, it was super humid.

There are many office buildings as well as many shopping areas on this man-made island.

There is a huge Gundam statue in front of the Diver City Shopping area.

If you'd like to know more about Gundam, check out this link.

There was also another area to view hydrangea but it was a bit farther from where I was.

I am sure if the weather had been a bit cooler, I would've checked it out, but it was pretty miserable on this day.

There are many bridges crossing the freeway, so be prepared to walk.

As for food, there were lots of fast food places...I ended up eating at Taco Bell.

I am glad I went to reconnect with Odaiba and hope to check out other areas for hydrangea.

If you want to see more photos, please check out the link.

Have a nice week.

5 comments:

KirkK said...

Love the photos Kat!

jalna said...

I've been to Odaiba twice. The second time around I was looking forward to returning to a cute retro candy store. I thought I knew exactly where it was, but I just couldn't find it. I finally realized after a lengthy search that I was taking the wrong escalator. In Hawaii if you take an escalator to the second floor, you end up on the second floor. Apparently in Diver City if you take the wrong escalator, you end up frustrated.

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

That is frustrating Jalna! I hate when the floors don't match up...

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

Our hydrangea is just beginning to bloom, so I look forward to making a talisman (or 2!) pretty soon.

K and S said...

have you posted about the talisman before Rowena?! I don't remember if you did and look forward to seeing it :)

Take care!
Kat