Tuesday, June 04, 2019

mexican dining avocado

When I went to Shinjuku on Sunday, I stumbled upon Mexican Dining Avocado for lunch.

This restaurant has seating on the 2nd and 4th floors (the 3rd is occupied by another cafe).

Did you see the movie, "Coco"?! (I loved that movie even if I only saw half...long story...)

The shop interior is apparently based on the movie, super festive & bright.

I ordered the taco rice, which came with all-you-can-drink soup, a beverage and fresh juice.

It was kind of humid so I passed on the soup.

As for my beverage I chose their iced hibiscus tea and was also given a small serving of their fresh juice.

The tea was refreshing...I had thought it would be more tart but it was actually really nice.

The fresh juice was avocado, grapefruit, honey and chia seed (kind of like a smoothie)...this was creamy and citrusy.

Their taco rice had enough spices to give a little burn.

Wish there had been a little more cheese.

I'm glad I found a place for taco rice in Shinjuku...I'll be back.

Mexican Dining Avocado
3-9-4 Shinjuku, 2nd & 4th floor
Shinjuku, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3356.8585
Lunch 12:00-15:00 (Weekdays), Dinner 17:00-23:00 (Weekdays including Saturdays)
11:30-15:00 (Weekends), 17:00-22:00 (Sundays & Holidays)

8 comments:

Lindsay-Jean said...

Love the name! :)

K and S said...

It is a fun name LJ!

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

I didn't see the movie Coco, but now that you mention it (and Mexician food), maybe I should!

K and S said...

Rowena, the animation is cool!

Take care!
Kat

jalna said...

I love Coco! Hope you get to see the whole thing someday.

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna! will keep my eye for it :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks like the food lives up to the name of the place Kat!

K and S said...

will definitely go back to try some other things Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat