Sunday, June 30, 2019

when life throws you curves

I knew this day was coming, but didn't think it would really happen for awhile...

My brother has decided to move back to the mainland (in October) and at the moment, it doesn't look like we'll be moving back to Hawaii anytime soon, so we need to get my parent's house ready to sell.

While I'm thankful my brother was around to take care of my Dad, I'm sad that he wasn't able to find his niche in Hawaii...I guess when you've lived most of your life on the mainland though...

So...this means LOTS of danshari (purging) among other things...

I told the doctor that I needed to take a break from rehab (yup, I am still going to rehab) and he said, "no stairs, no lifting of heavy items, etc"...Then I told him why I needed to take a break, so he prescribed me some medicated ointment to rub on my knee while I am in Hawaii and I will continue my rehab when I return in the Fall.

Am looking forward to catching up with family and friends.

I put "someone" in charge of my plants and to update me on the condo construction (in case you were wondering, this is what it looked like on 6.29.2019)...sad yeah?!...

I'll be posting from Hawaii (when I can) and my dates will reflect Japan time.

You can also check up on me on Instagram or Facebook (if you use these).

Be well everyone.

7 comments:

K said...

Good luck to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

aww, sorry to hear! - I thought you'd eventually retire back to Hawaii but guess not. I've had to sell my mom's house and it was full of stuff - due to time everything was literally purged.The only important thing was the photos and a few sentimental items - when you come down to it, it's just stuff and it's the memories in your heart that is the most important. There's a company here that helps with online auction of your stuff, it's not a money maker I don't think but you get something and they offer different kind of services. Here is the name: Caring Transitions - the owner is Steve Tokioka. Good luck to you and your brother -N

Rowena said...

you're staying until the fall?! I know you'll have your work cut out for you, but don't overexert yourself!

KirkK said...

Oh man; that's a bummer. Good luck and take care of that knee..... Take care Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks K!

Thanks for the info N! sounds like a great service.

Next 3 months Rowena...

Thanks Kirk!

Take care everyone.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Are you ok?It is too sad to sell your house in Hawaii.
Take care of your knees and good luck!

Tomomi

K and S said...

Thank you Tomomi! I am a little sad, but I am okay! Hope you are well.

Take care.
Kat