Saturday, November 23, 2019

fans

Yesterday, I went to see "Life Itself" which was a movie by Dan Fogelman, who writes "This is Us", a television show that I really enjoy.

The weather was rainy, cold.

Before going into the theatre, I spotted a group of people...when I asked around I found out that the group were fans of the Takarazuka shows.

When we lived in Osaka, I would often see these fan groups waiting outside of the Takarazuka theatre.

I have heard somehwere that these fan groups have a "dress code" and "unwritten rules".

Anyway, thought it was pretty krazy to see them out in the pouring (freezing) rain...

Our temps have dropped to single digits (Celsius), (and it is supposed to rain all weekend) but are expected to go up to 24C (75F) on Monday...WTH?!

Hope the weather is nicer where you are, have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I love Takarazuka; in fact I was born there, yes literally, I was a home delivery. But what I am nuts about is their senbei; I tried searching but they only sell it in Japan and maybe on at their shows. My auntie told me that their shows are sold out in advance and yes, they have a huge fan base. But my mom said it was kind of weird thinking back, shades of lesbisim cuz the Revue are all girls. LOL - N

K and S said...

I remember you writing about those senbei in a comment, N! If Takarazuka has lesbian nuances than Kabuki might have gay nuances as they are all men...

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

never even heard of Life Itself although it isn't that old. we recently subscribed to Amazon prime videos so....I waste too much time on the couch.

K and S said...

Rowena, when I was in Hawaii, my brother had subscriptions to Netflix, HULU & Amazon Prime...boy, I spent a lot of time watching different movies & shows :)

Take care.
Kat