Tuesday, November 05, 2019

saturday

Saturday was the start of a 3-day weekend for us, I went to Shinjuku to do some shopping, in the corner of my eye I spotted Takibi Bakery's stollen (love their packaging)

We've tried Takibi Bakery's stollen a couple of times in the past and enjoyed them.

This version had lots of spices. There is no tea in this, but it was similar to the spices used in chai.

I look forward to trying more stollen in the coming weeks.

From Shinjuku I walked to Shibuya.

It was interesting seeing neighborhoods that aren't visible from the train.

Like this cool building that is split in half and connected by their wallkways.

I also stumbled upon a day of the dead procession...which reminded me of the movie "Coco".

I met Satoshi after his German class for dinner at Jiyugaoka.

He said he wanted to try Devil Craft.

I tried their Imperial Stout, a kick-a 11.8% chocolatey brew...delicious!

Also appreciate them filling their 200 milliliter serving to the 200 milliliter line on the cup.

We shared this caesar salad while waiting for the deep dish pizza to cook.

We also watched the World Rugby Finals between England and South Africa (South Africa won).

Satoshi enjoyed the pizza and also ordered several pints.

I'm glad he enjoyed this place, and I'm sure we'll be back.

Wanted to share with you this "interesting" suit I saw while waiting for Satoshi...it says "F*ck off" in full lettering over and over on the stripes...amazing what you see in Japan, yeah?!

Have a good week!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh the pizza looks sooo ono!

My cousin's son went to Japan for a boy scout thing. the Japan boy scouts "autographed" my cousin's son's baseball cap and they wrote a lot of f words and other profanity. Cracked me up cuz BOY SCOUTS! I think they were intermediate school age. Probably just learned to write these words in English without totally understanding.
v

K and S said...

V, sometimes I think the Japanese don't really understand the meaning of the F-word and sometimes I think they do understand the meaning...

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Too funny.

K and S said...

Jalna, kinda yeah?!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

good to see that the rain is gone? it was a 3-day weekend for us as well, but boy this rain is getting to be a p.i.t.a!

K and S said...

I think they were saying we could get more rain Rowena :(

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

That's some major ABV in that stout Kat! I once had one that was 16.9%.....yikes

K and S said...

16.9% is quite a lot too Kirk!

Take care.
Kat