Thursday, November 14, 2019

yakatabune

Last night, Satoshi had the opportunity to have dinner on a yakatabune.

Yakatabune literally means house boat.

The usual price for dinner on one of these boats is 10,000 yen (per person, tax excluded).

Satoshi and his department entered a company lottery of sorts and were chosen to go, everyone had to pay a small fee and the company paid the rest.

They had lots to eat (and drink).

And the sights from the boat were beautiful.

I didn't get to experience this but if you have a chance to go on one of these dinner cruises, you should definitely try it.

If you are interested, this is the boat company that they went on...Funasei.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

if Funasei was meant to be a link, it doesn't work.

I went to the website. Wow. It looks really good. I think I would have to go winter season, the food looks more to my liking with the nabe. 2 1/2 hours of food and drink??? Hope I could get back to my hotel. LOL
v

K and S said...

Thanks V, I fixed the link.

Take care!
Kat

Kalin's Mommy said...

Wow, impressive. We went on one similar back in 1998, we enjoyed that as well. Take care Kat! Mich

K and S said...

Mich, Satoshi was surprised, he thought they weren't even gonna have dinner onboard, lol

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Interesting Kat.....seems kind of touristy though....

jalna said...

Score!

K and S said...

kind of touristy but a nice way to see Tokyo too Kirk :)

indeed Jalna!

Take care you two.
Kat