Monday, November 18, 2019

sunday

Sunday, I went to check out the Aoyama Pan Matsuri (bread festival).

I'm not sure how many vendors they had but the crowd was definitely larger than the chocolate festival I checked out in October.

I purchased a walnut scone and walnut fig bread from Noraya, a bakery from Nagano.

Apparently the walnuts grow in the woods near the bakery!

I also bought a hojicha (roasted green tea) cinnamon roll from Ulucus, a bakery from Kyoto...I didn't realize this until afterwards, but they are located really close to MIL's!

I ate this on Sunday...so delicious and pretty with the dried rose petals.

Some campagne (country bread) and chocolate pan (like anpan but filled with chocolate) from Kibiya Bakery...a bakery from Kamakura, Kanagawa.

The lines were krazy for most of these bakeries and the prices were "nice" too...still I'm glad I got to check out this event and look forward to trying the other items I purchased.

Lunch was at Maya Luz.

My lunch started out with some consomme based bean and veg soup.

And a salad.

Their taco rice was tangy and spicy.

Very filling with all the rice too.

I look forward to trying other items on their menu, I'll be back.

Maya Luz
Shibuya Hikarie 7F
Shibuya, Tokyo
Phone: 03.6803.8977
Hours: 11:30-23:30
Closed when Hikarie is

5 comments:

K said...

A bread festival sounds so fun!

K and S said...

it was K :)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

I think it's safe to say that the Japanese love their bread more than chocolate! ^-^

KirkK said...

Bread festival! Carb-a-licious goodness!

K and S said...

Rowena, I am amazed at how much bread/bakeries there are in Japan!

Definitely carb-a-licious Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat