Friday, November 08, 2019

sweet sour spare ribs with pineapple (juice)

The weather is getting cooler here and I had some time on my hands on Tuesday, so I tried this recipe from my grandma's stash.

She actually had a lot of recipe variations for sweet sour spare ribs.

Love how she pasted it to an index-like card...probably so that she wouldn't lose the newspaper clipping.

This was a little more puckery than my mom's and aunties' versions, but this type of spare ribs are still comfort food for me.

Especially putting rice into the gravy...

I'm not sure where she got the recipe from, but if you try this, I hope you enjoy it.

Have a nice weekend.

4 comments:

Rowena said...

oh man Kat...I remember gluing recipes onto index cards!! gotta bring back my recipe box next time I visit the islands.

K and S said...

amazing, all the different types of recipes are out there Rowena!

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

My mom used to save recipes like that too Kat! I still have a stash of them....need to take a look.

K and S said...

That is so cool, Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat