Friday, November 15, 2019

kakuyasu

We have a liquor shop in our neighborhood called Kakuyasu (they actually have shops all over Tokyo).

Kakuyasu literally means low prices.

The other day, I picked up a bottle of wine and the cashier asked me if I drink beer.

I told her "yes".

Then she scanned a can of beer and put it into the bag with the wine.

She mentioned that the expiration date was nearing so they were giving these away.

I looked at the bottom of the can when I got home, the expiration date was nearly 4 weeks away...

Japan is way too sensitive about expiration dates, but we were thankful for this freebie.

Have a nice weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great! I think giving away free alcohol would be illegal here.
v

KirkK said...

Score!

K and S said...

Yeah, it would probably be illegal in Hawaii, V!

indeed Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

oooh! talking about freebies, I better get my act together and post the beaucoup free stuff we've been getting from the super. how was the tempranillo?

K and S said...

Rowena, hope the weather gets better for you guys! The tempranillo also said "rioja" on the back of the bottle...it was smooth and delicious!

Take care.
Kat