Sunday, August 27, 2023

17379

Yesterday it was blazing and super humid but we still got out and about after Satoshi went to the dentist to put his implants on...

I wanted to check out the Doraemon display at Roppongi Hills.

There were many Doraemon here and there.

and the bulk of them here in this courtyard.


MINI store...
Look up!
We also checked out the International House of Japan, which I had seen on a J-drama.

it was nice to see it up close

My photos uploaded wonky...we checked out Takeshiba Waters, an area with some eateries and theatre near the Takeshiba Ferry Terminal.
You can catch a boat to Asakusa and other areas of Tokyo.
Lunch was at Hisaya in Azabujuban.

This shop's main shop is in Kyoto and they sell roasted chestnuts all over Japan.

I chose the grilled saba (mackerel) sushi lunch...this was delicious.

The side dishes were cold so they were perfect for the humid day!

Satoshi had their Kyo Banzai, which had 4 different side dishes and chestnut rice.

He said it was delicious but that he'd be hungry later...

We also shared this mont blanc shave ice (photo above)

There was chestnut paste inside as well as fig puree.

Also you could pour some fig puree on the shave ice as you ate it.

This was delicious, but we wished the ice was more finely shaved.

They are building a bridge near JR Hamamatsucho station to go all the way to Takeshiba, it was fun watching the trains from there.

Lots of objet around Roppongi Hills.
International House of Japan.
Loved the old buildings/apartments in the Roppongi area.

It's been really gross. Hot & super humid.

Hope it is cooler where you are.

Hisaya
2-4-8 Azabujuban
Minato, Tokyo
Phone: 03.6722.6629

6 comments:

Rowena said...

I know I've said it before but you guys are BRAVE! I think we're over the worst, but this year's temps were unbelievable up here in the mountains. I have never experienced days in the mid-90's for days on end, it was just awful. I hate summer now.

K and S said...

Rowena, they are saying this heat is going to go until October?! eep. I hate Japan summers.

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hope things cool off for you soon Kat!

K and S said...

Kirk, me too, thanks :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

your grilled saba sushi looks so ono. I could eat that!
I bought one of those rechargeable personal fans a couple of years ago. It really works good and if you use lowest fan speed the charges lasts about 10 hours! I wonder how well it would work if the air was so hot and humid.
v

K and S said...

V, so many people have those tiny fans, dunno how well they work with the humidity

Take care.
Kat