Wednesday, August 02, 2023

itchy butt

Not sure when I heard about this place but I’ve had it on my “to try” list for awhile.

The parking for this place is not the best and it can get kinda sketchy with all the homeless people around the area.

I went after lunch and luckily found on street parking.

I thought $31 plus tax for a whole chicken was expensive, but the chicken was moist and tasty because it seemed like it was fried twice

If you order the whole chicken, you can choose two sauces, I chose garlic and korean. (the other choices are shoyu and spicy)

The chicken seemed like it had a honey caramel coating, it kind of reminded me of those bbq wings at KFC, which I think helps keep the chicken moist.

The whole chicken comes with pickled daikon and two drinks.

I wished they had given more pickles.

Dunno if I’ll be back, but am glad I got to try this

It’s fun to say the name too.

Itchy Butt

1229 Keeaumoku Street

Honolulu, Hawaii

Phone: 808.942.4845

Closed Sundays

Hours: 10:00-20:00

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember you wanting to try. I buy every so often for happy hour. The chicken is pretty good, and better yet, on my way!
v

Anonymous said...

I had to get a review of this place from someone who lives in Japan.lol. I pass by it all the time and there are 2 - 3 people waiting. The name is off putting so I was not too curious about it. Costs are too high and parking does suck. Guess I'll, especially driving by. N

K and S said...

the parking is junk, V, but I enjoyed the chicken.

N, lol :)

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

What a name Kat! Not cheap too! They should have used Hawaiian and called it something like "mane'o okole"! ;o)

K and S said...

Interesting name, yeah Kirk?!

Take care.
Kat

Honolulu Aunty said...

They used to be really cheap but I guess inflation took over. Too bad you didn't get to try the whole chicken from Good Chicken (close to the Rice Factory) on Kawaiahao Street. That one is only $20 and comes with fries and a drink. Super ono.

K and S said...

Thanks for telling me about Good Chicken Honolulu Aunty, I'll try it next time I'm home.

Take care.
kat