Sunday, August 13, 2023

el charro mexicano

A day or two before flying back to Japan, BFF and I went out for dinner.
El Charro Mexicano, in Aiea, I think this was my first time eating here.

I ordered the Birria Tacos.

These were delicious and meaty, though I wasn’t too sure when or whether to drink the soup? or dip the taco into it?

I loved the decor too.

Anyway, when I bit into my taco, I had a weird feeling that my filling came out or something.

Weirdly, I was telling BFF before that it felt like I didn't have any strength in my teeth and it felt as though I was squishing in mud whenever I ate something on that side.

Well, when I got back to Japan, it was Friday and I arrived early enough, so I contacted my dentist and was able to see him the next day.

As soon as he looked at the area, he said, "oh your tooth is cracked, I'm gonna anethesize you then take off the cracked part. It doesn't look like it hit any nerves, so you should be okay, but if it hurts take aspirin"

"Since it is Obon soon, we'll fix it in two weeks, so in the meantime, I'm gonna cement the area so that you can eat on that side"

The cemented area feels normal now and doesn’t feel like I’m squishing in mud whenever I eat something on that side of my mouth.

Hoping the cement will hold until my appointment and that the crown won't be too costly. 

I hope to go back to El Charro the next time I'm back in Hawaii.

El Charro Mexicano
99-115 Aiea Heights Drive, 3F (next to Aiea Bowl)
Aiea, Hawaii
Phone: 808.488.9727
Closed: Sundays
Hours: 9:30-20:00

4 comments:

KirkK said...

Oh man....cracking a tooth! Hope you get that fixed soon Kat! You dip the birria tacos into the consommé to eat - if you want to of course!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk, I have an appointment this Wednesday, as long as Typhoon Lan doesn't affect us...

Take care!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I've never had a birria taco yet and it's seems to be all over the place now, lots of food trucks sell it too. I guess I'll have to try soon.

Hooo, that's a huge piece that cracked. Glad you can take care of it soon, hoping Lan doesn't interfere!
v

K and S said...

V, hope you get to try birria tacos. According to the dentist, the tooth around my filling is what cracked...eep

Take care!
Kat