Thursday, August 31, 2023

ginza

Yesterday I went to check out Yuki Saito's photo exhibit which was held at the Sony Store in Ginza.

Over the years I’ve watched him pitch for his high school team to win Koshien, for his university (Waseda) team and for the Nippon Ham Fighters. 

Nowadays he is a sports commentator and seems like a quiet soul.

The exhibit was called "On the Mound" and featured various photos that he took at different baseball fields, it wasn't a large exhibit and was free, I'm glad I got to check it out.

On the way up to the exhibit you needed to pass through Nissan Crossing...where they had some vintage cars displayed.
My photos uploaded wonky...lunch from Jean Francois, in Ginza Six

Tuna Tapenade and Carrot Bread...both were hard.as.rock.

Dunno that I would go back to this bakery again...
It was blazing...and humid

Every store had their a/c on high, you could feel the cool air inviting you in as you passed by.
One of the other cars displayed at Nissan Crossing.
Bought some chocolates from Venchi.

Have been wanting to check out their store since we moved to Tokyo.

Grab a bag, pick out what you want, they weigh it and then you pay.

8 pieces cost me 2021 yen (tax included)...thankful the lady working behind the counter gave me an ice pack so the chocolates wouldn't melt.

I want to go back for their gelato.

For dinner I bought some items from Ginza Bairin.

I've been Ginza Bairin so many times in Hawaii and never put together that their main shop is in Ginza, duh?!

It’s a popular place, there were at least 20 of us standing in line before the opening time and many still waiting when I went to pick up my takeout order.

Anyway, I bought the katsu sandwich for myself and the largest bento for Satoshi.

Even if the breading looked like it was going to fall off, the pork seemed like a thicker cut than the one I've had in the Hawaii version & was super tender...1000 yen (tax included)

Satoshi's bento had 4 pieces of filet katsu, 1 meatball and 1 fried shrimp....2600 yen (tax included)

He said he enjoyed this.

Hope to bring Satoshi here one day.

Even if it was a super blazing day (and super humid), I was glad to be out and about.

Venchi
4-3-2 Ginza
Chuo, Tokyo
Phone: 03.5579.5930
Open daily 10:00-21:00

Ginza Bairin
7-8-1 Ginza
Chuo, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3571.0350
Open daily 11:30-20:00

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been craving a katsu sando lately! both your lunches look so good. I've never been to the one down here...fear of Waikiki, LOL. Even though Rokkaku Hamakatsu doesn't make the katsu sando anymore, we're going to lunch there tomorrow for a farewell lunch so maybe I can order tonkatsu but I'm hoping they have the cold soba still on their specials, something like a neba neba soba.
Those chocolates look so good too. I gotta keep that in mind for omiyage.
v

K and S said...

Hope you get your katsu sando fix, V!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Ho, I really gotta start looking into visiting Japan again, but phobic me keeps procrastinating.

K and S said...

Jalna, hope you met up with your friend Erick :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Still looking for a decent Katsu Sando here Kat!

K and S said...

hope you find a decent katsu sando Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

The vegan dark chocolate gelato Azteco at Venchi is really good!

K and S said...

Thank you Anon!

Take care.
Kat