Saturday, July 30, 2011

giovanni pastrami

Went out with my friend, Wen yesterday and we had lunch at Giovanni Pastrami in Waikiki.

I think this is a sports bar, but there were many booths to sit at, so there were also many families.

Wen ordered the hot pastrami sandwich and I ordered the reuben bites which were filled with pastrami.

Delicious, and definitely no skimping on the pastrami. This went nicely with their crispy fries.

Afterwards we went to Starbucks to sit and chat.

I bought two rocky road cake pops and gave one to Wen. It was like a moist brownie filled with teeny marshmallows and almonds but not too sweet.

Always fun to hang with Wen! (Thanks for lunch Wen!)

Giovanni Pastrami
227 Lewers Street
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.923.2100

8 comments:

jalna said...

Wow, that looks like an ono sandwich!

K said...

I like the almonds on the cake pop - adds a nice little crunch!

K and S said...

I really liked it Jalna, they also have other things besides sandwiches, you should go :)

it is nice with the almonds on top K!

Take care you two.
Kat

Kim said...

Mmm....I love reuben sandwiches. Cake pops are so popular now. I want to try making some soon.

Rowena said...

Gosh it has been too long since I've had a pastrami sandwich, and make that on rye! Making food lists, food lists!

K and S said...

I wanna see the cake pops you make Kim :)

hope you eat everything on your list Rowena!

Take care you two.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Mmm...those pastrami bites look really good! ;-)

K and S said...

I couldn't believe they made rye bread that small Deb in Hawaii!

Take care.
Kat