Tuesday, July 12, 2011

hawaii weather

Caught this tiny snail on a kalanchoe plant one rainy Hawaii morning.

This year, it's been a rather wet and cool summer here in Hawaii.

And I'm not complaining because everytime I chat with Satoshi he tells me how awfully hot and humid the weather is in Japan...ugh!

THAT is one thing I will never miss about Japan...the humid and hot summer weather.

I think I've told you that Osaka has often been compared to hot and humid places like Bangkok or Vietnam...sometimes Osaka is WAY hotter than those two places...yikes!

Anyway, if it is raining in Hawaii, then I get to see more of these rainbows, which is a total rarity in Osaka.

This one was taken the other day while riding on the freeway...the rainbow was very bright and very very large, stretching across the freeway and then some! this picture doesn't do it justice.

If you notice there is a reflection of the rainbow, which we call a "double rainbow".

How's the weather where you are?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in South Sinai Egypt and the temps are over 45 degrees C here. It is too hot and dry. It feels like the inside of an oven. I would love some of the weather that you are having.

K and S said...

agh! that sounds really hot Anon, I'll send you some tradewind thoughts.

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Haven't seen one of those snails in years. Used to see them all the time. Beautiful rainbow. I think I take them too much for granted here. I'm gonna try and appreciate them more now.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful rainbow photo. I love the snail photo, too. The weather here, is hot and muggy. Ugh! There's a weather advisory for the sick, elderly and children. I can't wait for autumn. ;-)

KirkK said...

It's been hot and rather sticky (more then usual) around here... until you sent us those tradewinds the other day! ;o)

K and S said...

come to think of it I hadn't seen one of those snails in years too Jalna :)

Sending you some tradewinds Paz!

LOL, sending you more tradewinds Kirk :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Kathy YL Chan said...

Hi Kat! "Wet and cool" sounds amazing to me right now, hehe. I always miss the dampness/coolness of Manoa, so nice waking up in the mornings when it's raining just a little, misty!

Japan Australia said...

I bet it is nice to escape the hot & humid summer in Japan for a little bit.

Japan Australia

Rowena said...

I can't complain about weather here unless I leave the mountains and head down into town. High temps so far have been 28°C but there's usually a soft breeze which makes it nice. The occasional rainstorm helps too, just leave out the hails stones please!

OkiHwn said...

Hope you weren't driving when you got the rainbow shot!

K and S said...

I know Kathy, in Japan, after it rains it is still humid :p, so "wet & cool" is a treat!

I feel bad leaving Satoshi to broil though, J-A!

28C is nice Rowena, definitely minus the hail.

Take care everyone.
Kat

Aloha Tony said...

Glad you got to see one of our Hawaiian rainbows! They are actually quite common here, though always a welcome sight.

K and S said...

no Nate, I wasn't driving while taking this one...lol.

I love the rainbows Aloha Tony! which is why I miss them so much in Japan, very very rare to see one there.

Take care you two.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Great photos! I found a tiny little snail on a herb plant I bought the other day. It was almost cute. ;-)

K and S said...

Deb in Hawaii, I wonder if we should be turning in all these teeny creatures in to Dept of Ag?? or something...

Take care.
Kat