Sunday, July 17, 2011

hawaii re-connects

One thing good about having a blog is that you have a quick reference through your archives...We recently re-visited The Alley in Aiea and bought some items for lunch.

I should have checked my archives, so that we wouldn't have ordered similar items...

The Tasty Chicken plate...chicken fried crispy then coated with a sweet chili and garlic sauce...spicy and delicious.

The Suppa (super) Garlic Shrimp...shrimp cooked in lots of butter and garlic! yum.

It looks like a little but we actually received 9 pieces of shrimp.

Dad said the chicken was "tastier" than the shrimp.

And for dessert, a slice of their signature lemon crunch cake to share...the cake is very moist, and the outside coating is like a brittle...delicious!

It was nice to re-connect with this place and to know that their quality hasn't faltered.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were still able to enjoy their food, a year later. ;-)

Japan Australia said...

That's the way it goes. We usually tend to order similar types of things as these are the things we enjoy. The Tasty Chicken plate looks awesome and is definitely something that I would order.

Japan Australia

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - I have this place on my list. It's good to know that it's still good!

Rowena said...

I like the name...The Suppa! Now I have to look if there's a national shrimp day or something.

jalna said...

OMG, I wanna go there now and have some dessert.

K and S said...

so true with the economy these days Paz!

spicy w/an asian taste, J-A :)

hope you get to go soon, Kirk!

I'm sure you'll find one Rowena :)

you gotta try them Jalna :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of sweet & spicy, I would have loved, loved that dish!!

K and S said...

if you love sweet and spicy, Elle Marie, then this would've been definitely for you :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

I finally tried the cake for the first time a few weeks ago when someone brought it to a birthday gathering. Yum! I would go there just for another piece of cake. ;-)

K and S said...

Deb in Hawaii, I would too :)

Take care.
Kat