Saturday, July 09, 2011

hawaii drinks

Recently tried this Chocolate Stout (6% alcohol) by Rogue Ales with my Aunty M.

It smelled deliciously chocolatey, not fake like some can smell.

It tasted smoky, there was even a little bitterness to it.

My grandma who I think only heard "chocolate" or maybe just "beer" took a sip then scrunched her face...must've been too bitter for her.

This went nicely with the baked beans and rotisserie chicken we had for dinner.

I liked this, just wished they sold it in smaller single bottles, this one was 650 ml.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds just like the sort of beer that I love to drink.

Rowena said...

That's a good-sized bottle at 650ml. Sounds like a winner and just the thing with what you guys ate.

K and S said...

if you like stout I think this is perfect for you Anon :)

it was a good sized bottle Rowena, we needed more "friends" to share with :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Japan Australia said...

Chocolate Stout sounds good and I can only image the amazing aroma it must of had!!

Japan Australia

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Haha and you are probably used to a Japanese small portion size. ;-)

K and S said...

if you like chocolate J-A you would like this :)

totally Nami :)

Take care you two.
Kat